Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to deal with OCD/Depression/Anxiety during pregnancy?

I am 18 years old and am 25 weeks pregnant. Prior to my pregnancy I was taking the medicine Zoloft for my OCD and anxiety. I felt better than ever. As soon as me and my husband found out that I was pregnant I stopped taking my medicine immediately. At first I was fine, very happy. Now my OCD and anxiety is coming back. I think about everything. I think sometimes that I wont love my son when he comes into this world or I'll think like my husband doesnt want to be with me and would rather be with somebody else. I think about dying, or I'll think about something bad happening in the world. I also dont take stuff for what it is. If my husband is on Facebook for example, I'll automatically think that he is talking to other women and I'll start an argument. I never felt that way before and in the back of my mind I know my husband loves me more than anything and know that he would never do anything to hurt me or our relationship. Pregnancy should be one of the happiest times of my life and I just dont feel that joy that I'm suppose to feel. I have been thinking about getting back on my medicine Zoloft but have decided against it when I read up that it can cause heart deffects in a baby. Since I have decided not to take the medicine I now need to know how to handle my emotions while being pregnant until I am able to take my medicine. i would really appreciate responses from people, with POSITIVE advice.How to deal with OCD/Depression/Anxiety during pregnancy?
I know exactly how you feel. I have OCD, but I can't get any meds, and it really stinks. I HATE it. I wish I could help more, but saying to think positive is kind of hard... I'd say distract yourself. Do not listen to music, though. For me, I find it makes me think WAYYYY more and makes me get more negative... it's basically a brain stimulant, I think. Idk. 'Tis how it is for me. Try watching comedy. It'll make you laugh, and get your mind off the negative :) GOOD LUCK HON!!!!!!!!!!!! %26lt;3333 You can do it!





EDIT: And ignore darkknight. They have no life.

No comments:

Post a Comment