Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I repair my relationship with my parents?

My relationship with my parents is very long and confusing, so I will try and condense it and make it as easy to understand as possible.


Okay, I've never gotten a long with my parents, as long as I can remember I hated them because of the numerous horrible and nasty things they have done to me: tremendous emotional and physical abuse, lying about things I have done and then punishing me for it, slandering me in front of their friends, favoring the other siblings over me, critizing every accomplishment I have gotten, those sort of things. I'm not here to tell you a sob story but this is relevant to my problem. They are not just your normal ';tough love'; parents, I mean, these guys truly are very mean and wicked, they hate me so much.


All my life I have tried to please them and make them proud of me, through various sport and school organizations, helping them around the house, watching my younger siblings, etc. But no matter how good I was, they never seemed to care. They always called me stupid, a failure, an embaressment, disrespectful. They say they hate me and they want me dead. They dont want me in their lives at all so they kicked me out of the house, while I am extremely sick and have no job. But I can honestly say I have tried my best to not be any of those things, but my parents are conviced that I am what they say I am, no matter what I do to the contrary.


So my question is: How do I establish a good relationship with my parents? How do I show them that I want to be part of their family and I want them to be proud of me? I dont want to be living on friend's couches for the rest of my life, I want to go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment