Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I stop my insecurity (due to acne) from ruining my relationship with my boyfriend?

Does anyone have any advice on how to not feel so insecure due to acne? I have bumps all over my face and I have already taken Accutane before. Nothing helps. I love my boyfriend very much...He is goregeous, has flawless skin...was a model. He says he loves me unconditionally and we have been together for over 2 years and my skin just gets worse...he hasn't dumped me yet so that is a good sign, but I get soo insecure that he will find a girl with flawless skin and I am so afraid of losing him...I am pushing him away because of it. I am pretty, but I feel my acne destroys the way I look, and my self-esteem. Does anyone have any tips on how to feel more secure in my skin and relationship since I have to live with acne?





P.S. I appreciate the product/treatment advice everyone...however, BELIEVE ME! I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun! (Pro Active, Murad, Oral and Topical antibiotics, special diets, herbs, Differin, Retin-A, Benzoyl, Clindamycin, Sulfur, Erythtromycin, even went on Accutane for 6 months (this is only prescribed for bad and persistent acne because it carries the risk of serious side effects)...so I do appreciate the advice but I am looking for solutions on how to get past my insecurity, I have accepted that I will always have acne/scars. Thanks :))How do I stop my insecurity (due to acne) from ruining my relationship with my boyfriend?
You will not always have acne. But I don't know how to help you except to let you know that I have gone through that too. I was about 28 and got furuncles, I didn't even want to go outside let alone to work. They are like large boils or carboncles all over my face and they hurt like crazy. I never had much trouble with acne in school. I finally went to a dermatologist and he lanced them and then injected an antibiotic into each. They finally went away and I never got any again. But I have some scarring from them to this day.How do I stop my insecurity (due to acne) from ruining my relationship with my boyfriend?
If you have been together two years then im sure he loves you :)


Dont worry too much about it, if he wanted anyone else he would have left you by now, think about it would you stay with someone for 2 years if you didnt love them? i know i wouldnt, lighten up and have fun :D good luck anyway hun even though im sure you dont need it :)
Does he show you that he loves you? If so, don't worry about the acne scars. He loves you for you, for how you look, for who you are. Don't be afraid to love, and don't be afraid to be loved back.
If he doesn't love you for who you are, then he is not worth your time. So, don't spend too much time worrying about it, especially if he has said that he loves you ';unconditionally';
Keep telling yourself that your worth it and you will start to believe it! Good luck!





%26lt;33
well as im sure other people have said, your bf said he loves you unconditionally and has done for 2 years, he probably means it. best way to beat your insecurity, would probably just think about your relationship. think, he was a model, no doubt pretty damn good looking. and being a model, hed be surrounded by other models, other beautiful women. out of all these beautiful women, he chose you. not only does that say something about him, that being that he obviously values someone for who they are,it also says something about you. you must be pretty damn special. would you rather end up some bimbo who has amazing looks but is a complete dipstick? or would you sacrifice some looks for personality which actually is worth a hell of a lot more. you are beautiful in every single way. dont tell yourself otherwise. think about this, we look back at teh stone age guys and think, man, those loincloths are the ugliest, most horrible cloths ever created. but back then, they probably thought the were the bees' friggin knees! who knows, 10 years from now, acne may be the new cool fashion statement!
Honey, if there was a quick fix for insecurity, the whole world would be rainbows and butterflies.





Maybe every time you start to worry about it, stop yourself and say:


These feelings are a result of my perception that my acne is interfering with his love for me, but it is NOT a reflection of how he actually feels about me. He tells me he loves me and I deserve and accept that love.





also there are ';holistic theories'; out there that acne is caused by repressed or unexpressed anger, and that until you deal with the anger, there isn't a product in the world that will cure your acne. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but its worth considering if nothing else has worked...

No comments:

Post a Comment